If you are trying to reduce your screen time, there are TONS of great podcasts you can use for screen alternatives!! While kids listen to podcasts, they can work on art projects, do puzzles, fidget with stress balls/magnets, pick up their rooms, pass time on a plane or just wind down at the end of the day! We listen to them often and I’ve put together a list of the 10 best podcasts for little kids for you! And bonus, the first 9 of these kids podcasts are FREE…yay!
10 Best Podcasts for Little Kids
- The Alien Adventures of Finn Caspian (Science Fiction Story Series)
- Tumble (Science Podcast for Kids)
- Little Stories for Tiny People (Podcast stories, Variety/Bedtime Stories)
- Andrew & Polly: Ear Snacks (Talk Show Podcast, Learning Show)
- The Show About Science (Science Podcast Hosted by a Child)
- But Why: A Podcast For Curious Kids (NPR Podcast on Various Topics)
- Sugarcrash Kids (Songs and Stories on Podcast)
- Wow in the World (NPR Science Adventure Podcast)
- Disney Story Central (Podcasts from Disney!)
- Sparkle Stories (Subscription Fee Applies, Free Trial Period, Great Stories)
We also love listening to podcasts when we travel. Road trips are a love hate relationship for me. On the one hand, we can bring as much as we like from scooters to the dog to beach chairs…BUT then its hours [of listening to “how much longer until we get there”] in the car! These are the 10 best podcasts for little kids I’ve found! This is especially important if you’re planning to play and listen as a family! If you’re headed out on a road trip, there are lots of great road trip tips on my friend Sally’s blog! Happy Trails!
Do you prefer by car or plane? Or train or bus? Let me know which of these podcasts is your favorite! If I’m missing any great ones, please leave your ideas in the comments so I can add it to my list! Thank you!