So, lets talk about the best toddler toys. From Target to Lakeshore Learning, and of course Amazon Prime…how would any mom possibly know which toys to choose or how to choose them? Have you ever gone to a friend’s house and your child just loved a certain toy…so you thought – awesome, independent play, I’ll buy that – and two days later it comes Amazon Prime. And then your kiddo doesn’t even touch it once! Like it didn’t exist! And maybe just to add insult to injury played with the box instead? You’re not alone, happens every time, LOL.
You could choose them all (like I did) and then have an impossible time organizing them. Then throw half of them out when you are moving (or have PMS LOL). No. Don’t do that. Here is your guide to the best toddler toys (I talked to your toddler before making this list for you, don’t worry):
1. Laundry basket full of folded laundry
2. Drawer full of folded laundry
3. The refrigerator, especially things in glass jars and eggs
4. The water/ice feature on the front of the refrigerator (this NEVER gets old)
5. The indoor water table (AKA the toilet)
6. Amazon Prime box, empty (those toys that came in it were a waste of money but you know that)
7. Salt grinder
8. Sofa cushions
9. Car Keys (particularly the game “hide and forget” if you only have one set of them or your lease is up!)
10. Kitchen Cabinets (especially those containing glassware)
11. Toilet paper rolls (also paper towel rolls)
12. Food (particularly things that stain walls)
14. Your phone (“Glass Break” and “Drop-in-the-Water” are old faves)
15. The printed versions of the presentation your husband needs to hand out tomorrow at the “big meeting” makes awesome coloring books
16. Chairs (which are great for jumping off of AND for pushing around and scratching the floor AND reaching upper cabinets! Trifecta!)
17. Family Dog (bebe can pet/pull/hit and he doesn’t bite back, amazing right? Test him some more, why not?) or the Cat?
18. The dog’s water bowl (or cat’s)…tipping it over is a hilarious comedy show
19. Electrical Outlets (and the plugs that go inside them of course)
20. Toothpaste (“the easiest thing EVER to wash out” said no one, ever)
21. The “OFF” button on the slow cooker (when you aren’t looking and there are HOURS left to cook)
22. The indoor sandbox (AKA kitty litter box)
23. Your make-up bag and brushes
24. The front door (outside is so much more fun!)
25. Maxi Pads (did you know you can stick them on walls and mirrors and shower doors?)
And our absolute FAVE: Sharpies (washable markers are for babies!)
Now you see, most of these things have a storage place already, which is perfect since no one has time for organization! And if for some reason you don’t want your toddler playing with the above items…I suggest storing them in those toy storage bins you bought (when is the last time they touched anything in those things?!?!).
What other items do your toddlers like to play with? I’d love to know what other crazy things they prefer to their toys!