Location tracking that uses Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Cellular and GPS…and drumroll…it’s waterproof! Perfect for keeping safe at Disney Parks and all our summer adventures!
Summertime is the best time for our family because it means being outside and doing loads of fun activities…we’re using an awesome new Jiobit GPS tracking device for children this summer to enhance our safety and peace of mind. While all the activities are super fun, they also bring some anxiety, because crowds, woods, theme parks, new places and airports can all also be opportune times for the kids get separated from us parents. From theme parks to beach concerts, vacation resorts to hiking…we’ll be seeing and doing this summer and this year we’ll be taking our Jiobit GPS. We’re all about Keeping Safe at Disney Parks this summer! Sponsored. When Jiobit GPS device for kids asked us to test out their product for our summer travel, outdoor and Disneyland fun, we knew it would be a great fit for our family, here’s why:
Easy to Set Up
Registering my Jiobit was super easy. Its pretty much plug it in, download the app, sync them and you’re off. It updates in real-time, and it doesn’t require a manual to figure it out.
Next I set up a geofence zone around our house. If the Jiobit was within 100 feet around my house, it would be in a “Safe Zone” and I wouldn’t get movement alerts – no one has time for a bunch of false alarms. There are multiple other Parent, Grandparent and Caregiver as well as School, Day Care, Friend’s House types of options that can be set up so one can get an alert when, for example, the child with a Jiobit has been picked up from school by a Grandparent and taken Home. Another alert if for some reason their Jiobit separates from that caregiver (moves a set distance from a mobile phone), enters a safe zone, or leaves it. The organization of alerts is smart, and intuitive.
Less Anxiety Means More Fun for Everyone
GMan, who is 6 and already somewhat sensitive and a little nervous to get lost, enjoyed having it on him. He liked the idea that I could track where he was, and find him if he got separated. H didn’t notice it either way. No problemo. It’s tiny and virtually weightless, very unimposing.
Easy to Use
We really tested it out at our local nature center. The boys love to freely run around in this area, it’s a somewhat small nature center but small for a nature center is not very small. I cannot see them everywhere (nature=trees, rocks, etc.). However, it’s small enough that I feel it is a good place for them to have some independence and freedom to run about, but it does make me nervous over and over when I can’t see them! Enter Jiobit…
Watch Movement in Real Time
Even within a smaller sized space I could see the Joibit moving around the screen. When he left the set radius around me it kicked me an alert. I could see the exterior plot lines of the Nature Center and where the device was moving. This is going to be perfect for Disney!
Multiple Connectivity Means Better and Faster and More Accurate
Jiobit is the first location tracking platform that uses Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Cellular and GPS. It’s also waterproof! And washing machine proof, let’s be honest that IS going to matter one of these days.
Keeping Safe at Disney Parks
The Jiobit is perfect to take to Disney Parks and Resorts. Even though I’ve never lost one of the kids for more than a split second…it makes me nervous with the summer crowds, and it could happen…and it would be so traumatizing for a child! The thought of calling security, waiting for them to arrive and look and help…it would take TIME. But to be able to find a lost child myself, in seconds, is a whole new level of power as a parent in that scary situation. Kidnappings aren’t frequent but it does happen, and separation happens a LOT! And you know who else I have lost in Disneyland? My husband. Just sayin’ – because Jiobit connects wirelessly through both bluetooth and wireless…even in zones of bad reception this will still work (nothing is guaranteed but any device on only one or the other could be a real problem!).
I’m looking forward to using our Jiobit for a number of child safety, parent peace of mind and travel uses, including:
1. Play dates after school/camp – When one of the kids will be picked up by someone else to go to a friend’s house, I know when they leave their school/camp, movement and route, arrival at their friend’s home.
2. Disneyland, Legoland, Knotts Berry Farm, Six Flags – Now that the kids are starting to ride some kids rides by themselves, we have even more opportunity for mix ups and separation and thus we’ve increased focus on keeping safe at Disney Parks or any theme park. If that happens I can expedite finding them using the Jiobit. I also think it will be really useful to use with my husband when we separate (often one child doesn’t want to go on a ride so we split 1and1)- if we use a Jiobit, we don’t have to sit by a cell phone waiting for texts to meet up again after the ride is over.
3. Biking and Hiking – I’ve never been a helicopter parent, but that doesn’t mean I don’t worry! This is such an easy tool to bring me peace of mind to be able to allow kids a little more freedom to run ahead and explore a bit without fear of them getting lost. That’s what summer is all about!
Versatile for Many Uses
Other uses which I think could be really helpful a little later down the line for us:
- Walking independently to school (or riding a bus)
- School field trips
- Malls, County Fairs, drop off arcades/trampoline parks (or other places children may be allowed to go off with friends for short periods of time)
GMan is wearing a Blue GPS Tracker for Autism Awareness Month. During the month of April Jiobit will make a donation to KultureCity for every unit sold: “We are a team of mostly parents and one of our core beliefs at Jiobit is providing a reliable solution for children to feel safe, secure, and independent,” said John Renaldi, CEO and Co-Founder of Jiobit. “Through this partnership with KultureCity, we can now provide a reliable safety solution to families caring for children with a tendency to wander, while also providing children with autism their sense of freedom and independence.”
Have you tried the Jiobit? Let me know your thoughts!